Hello there, I have had some requests for a review of the Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens. I thought I would use them on a card and give you my thoughts. What better image to use for colouring than a Clearly Besotted flower image? Today I am using the hollyhock from the Sunshine & Smiles stamp set.
I started off by stamping the hollyhock image with Versamark ink, on to some TH Watercolour Cardstock. I applied HA white embossing powder and then heat set. I then coloured the image with the Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Pens, using water and a paint brush to blend.
The panel was added to an A2 PTI Raspberry Fizz card base, using ATG. The sentiment, from the Many Mini Messages set, was stamped on to more watercolour cardstock and cut out. This was added to the card with clear foam tape. I finished off by adding a few sequins and some clear Wink of Stella to the image.
* I apologise that parts of the video are out of focus. My poor camcorder is dying :( I didn't want to waste the video so I hope it is good enough for you to see what I am doing. *
Here are the links to what I have used on the card. Please click the picture to be taken to where I purchased it.
ZIG REAL COLOR BRUSH PENS: 22 Carmine Red, 50 Yellow, 41 Light Green, 45 Pale Green, 36 Light Blue.
In recap, here are my thoughts on the pens:
- I like that they blend well with or without water.
- If blending with water, you can get a good variance of colour, depending on how much water you use with them.
- I like that most of them are bright, vibrant colours.
- They have a good colour range.
- They aren't too expensive, especially when bought separately.
Do I think you need all the colours? It does depend on how much you use them, I guess. Personally I do not think so. I am glad that I didn't go with a set and bought them individually. If you haven't already seen Jennifer McGuire's video on them, I suggest watching that. She shows how to use them in different ways. Do you have them? Do you like them? I think they are becoming quite popular and I can understand why!
Thank you so much for visiting me today. I hope you have a lovely day and a great weekend!